[aspectc-user] Announcement of AspectC++ 0.9.2

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Mar 11 10:24:11 CET 2005

Hi,

the new AspectC++ release 0.9.2 is now available from www.aspectc.org.
We uploaded binaries for Linux, Solaris, MacOS X and Win32 (all
statically linked). The sources and woven sources (for compilation
without ac++) are also available.

The new version comes with the following new features (excerpt from the
Changelog):

Version 0.9.2 (2005-03-08)

         * Fixed a severe bug in the Win32 version of ac++, which
           caused a crash, if the parser configuration contained
           --ptrdiff-type or --size-type.

         * Further parser improvements related to template parsing.

         * The wrapper programm (ag++) is now capable of processing
           g++ options containing space characters. E.g.
           ag++ -MM -MF "my file.d"  "my file.cc".

         * The wrapper programm (ag++) has no longer the limitation,
           that option arguments have to be appended at the option name
           without a white space character between option and argument

         * The wrapper programm (ag++) now mostly preserves the original
           order of the options and files when calling g++. This is
           a fix for Bug 226 (linking against shared libraries)

         * Improvements in the build and test environment: fixed
           portability problems in test programs, changed directory
           structure to support multiple platforms and configurations.

         * The manuals are now separated from the programs in the
           published tarballs.

This release mainly contains improvements in the ag++ front-end. It has
not yet been possible to integrate important new features into
AspectC++, because we had to prepare our various AOSD 2005 activities
and a magazine article. We are going to start this process right after
the AOSD!

Please continue to help us improve the ac++ implementation by entering
bug reports at http://www.aspectc.org/bugzilla or simply asking
questions on this mailing list.

Have fun,

Olaf Spinczyk

PS: Come and meet Daniel and me at AOSD 2005 in Chicago!

PPS: This time we coordinated the AspectC++ free edition release date
with the release date of the commercial AspectC++ Add-In for Visual
Studio .NET by pure-systems.com. The new Add-In version is based on the
latest ac++ 0.9.2 sources and can be download from www.pure-systems.com.