[aspectc-user] Visual Studio and ac++ ?

Benoit Lefevre benoit.lefevre-prestataire at calyon.com
Wed Feb 27 13:49:00 CET 2008

Hi

	In fact I have access to both environments because the software in
	which one I'd like to introduce aspect usage started its life cycle
	with pre Visual Studio 8 versions (VC6 then VC7).

	But it has recently moved to VC8 in the main development branch.

	As using AOP is only relevant in this branch and the available
	AspectC plug-in is referenced as working only with VC7, I thought the
	direct usage of ac++.exe with VC8 was my only option.

	Am I wrong ?

	If I'm not, is it THAT complex to use ac++ directly (ranking from 	"Nightmare" to "piece of cake") ?

	Reading the ac++ weaver online documentation makes me feel like it's
	possible.

	Thank you.

	Regards.

Benoit Lefevre.